I’m So Excited – What About you!!
A Pyramid STEM Challenge Initiative and A Philly Tech Week Event
Join #AliciaDorsey at our upcoming 6th Annual Pyramid STEM Showcase on April 29th, Zion Baptist Church Gymnasium.
She has partnered with the Neurology department at the University of Penn, and Philly knits to host a Neural Knitworks event. “Neural Knitworks: Insights from the Aging Brain” will be presented by Prerana Vaddi, a research specialist at the Penn Frontotemporal Dementia Center and her colleague Katerina Place.
Yuliis Bell, outreach coordinator at Penn’s Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders, will also give a presentation.
What happens at a Neural Knitwork?
Neural Knitworks are based on the principle that yarn craft, with its mental challenges, social connection and mindfulness, helps keep our brains and minds sharp, engaged and healthy.
– Have fun as you design your own woolly neurons, or get inspired by our scientifically-informed knitting, crochet or knot patterns;
natter with neuroscientists and teach them a few of your crafty tricks;
– contribute to a travelling textile brain exhibition;
– increase your attention span and test your memory.
– Calm your mind and craft your own brain health as you
– forge friendships;
– solve creative and mental challenges;
– practice mindfulness and relaxation;
– teach and learn;
– develop eye-hand coordination and fine motor dexterity.