Click here for the 2020 Showcase Exhibit Agreement
We’d LOVE for you to sponsor our showcase. The following support is needed:
WURD Broadcast Live – $1500.00
Re-enactor – $400.00
Print Advertising – $500.00
Professional Exhibit – $500.00
Game Truck – $500.00
Giveaways – $1000.00
I’m So Excited – What About you!!
Our Past Showcases were Great – You Should Have Been There!!
Professor Marshmallow at our Showcase
#AliciaDorsey was at our 6th Annual Pyramid STEM Showcase
She has partnered with the Neurology department at the University of Penn, and Philly knits to host a Neural Knitworks event. “Neural Knitworks: Insights from the Aging Brain” will be presented by Prerana Vaddi, a research specialist at the Penn Frontotemporal Dementia Center and her colleague Katerina Place.
Yuliis Bell, outreach coordinator at Penn’s Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders, will also give a presentation.
What happens at a Neural Knitwork?
Neural Knitworks are based on the principle that yarn craft, with its mental challenges, social connection and mindfulness, helps keep our brains and minds sharp, engaged and healthy.
– Have fun as you design your own woolly neurons, or get inspired by our scientifically-informed knitting, crochet or knot patterns;
natter with neuroscientists and teach them a few of your crafty tricks;
– contribute to a travelling textile brain exhibition;
– increase your attention span and test your memory.
– Calm your mind and craft your own brain health as you
– forge friendships;
– solve creative and mental challenges;
– practice mindfulness and relaxation;
– teach and learn;
– develop eye-hand coordination and fine motor dexterity.